Monday, April 7, 2008

What's a WubbaNub?

A what? A Wubba what? A WubbaNub!

I learned about WubbaNubs from my friend Emily. She keeps a great blog about her wonderful family with brand new triplets! I have it listed in my blogs links, so check them out.

A WubbaNub is a pacifier with a small beanie-baby-sized stuffed toy attached. We have had such problems with Morgan keeping her pacifier in her mouth...she just doesn't suck hard enough to keep it there. It falls out and we have to keep replacing it or we have to just hold it there. Morgan isn't what I would call a "binky baby," but she likes it for a final soothing before a nap or bedtime. Once she's asleep she doesn't need it, but if it falls out before she is completely asleep she wakes up and cries. The little stuffed pink pony I bought her sits nicely on her chest/tummy so the pacifier stays in her mouth. Sometimes she gets coordinated enough to hold onto it herself (so cute!). When she's not into the pacifier she likes to play with the pony as a toy. Every once in a while she figures out how to maneuver it into her mouth all by herself!

I hesitated to buy one because many doctors recommend weaning a baby from a pacifier by 6 months and Morgan is already 4 months. I ordered it for her anyway and it arrived last Thursday. Thanks goodness! Once she came down with her tummy troubles she really got attached to her WubbaNub. Since we were only feeding her small amounts at a time she likes to soothe herself with her little pony in between ounces of pedialyte or formula.

Here's a pic of our sweet girl with her Daddy and her WubbaNub yesterday. She was so tired out. You can also see her little pony in one of her 4 Month pics below as well.

1 comment:

K said...

She's so precious! I hope she's feeling better today.