Friday, April 4, 2008

STTN

This is an acronym used on baby-related message boards that stands for "Sleep Through The Night." It is a much-discussed topic in the early months as everyone is exhausted and just waiting for the day their baby will "STTN."

Well, contrary to her sleeping pattern in the last week, Morgan STTN last night. In fact, she slept 11 hours straight! She's done this in the past, but not many times. She slept from 7:30 pm last night until 6:30 am this morning. Whew...Mommy and Daddy needed that. We went in her room about 6:30 this morning when we saw her opening her eyes and wiggling around in her crib on the video monitor. We peeked in her crib and were greeted by a great big smile! Now, if that doesn't start your day off right, I don't know what would.

The last few nights I have been lucky enough to STTN myself. My parents (Grandma and Grandpa) arrived on Wednesday for a visit. I've been trying to get over the longest cold in history for several weeks. My Mom took night duty the first night and Morgan graced us with a full night of sleep last night. I finally feel like I might shake this thing!

STTN is a good thing all around! Let's hope it continues...

No comments: