Friday, April 11, 2008

Beware! Attack Baby!!

Woe to those who don't get the new head of the household her meal on time! She's libel to consume anything in her path. This is no fabrication. I'll come up to her room with a bedtime bottle, and she'll be in the process of chomping on some portion of mommy's face. I hate to think what happens when she gets teeth!

This, however, is an improvement over wearing her formula. Mom, Dad and Grandma have now had the pleasure of sharing Miss Morgan's meals, post-consumption. Nasty bug at work! She's feeling a little better right now, and in a strange coincidence we're doing less laundry...

What's funny is these are turning out to be the most priceless moments. Before having a baby, I used to observe friends and family going through parenthood and felt like I had an understanding of what they were dealing with. WRONG! In a strange way I feel like we've joined some sort of fraternal brotherhood/sisterhood. We now feel more of a bond with the people we know that have walked down this path before us. Situations that normally would have made me skittish are now just business as usual.

The other miracle of babies is how it brings families together. Auntie Ali is now becoming a frequent visitor to the Inland Northwest. Both sets of grandparents will have checked into Casa de Morgan by the time April's done. And those who can't visit are keeping in touch via webcam. Meg's telling me this post is running on a bit, so I'll sign off here. Plus it's close to feeding time again, and don't want mommy or daddy to risk losing a limb!

No comments: