Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tongue Tricks

I just realized that I have learned something about my husband from my daughter. You think you know everything about your spouse, but that is clearly not the case, but you'd never expect to learn things about him from your four month old baby.

The other day I was changing Morgan's diaper and observed her playing with her tongue. She's been doing this a lot lately as she seems to have recently discovered all the things she can do with it. Too cute. I watched closer and saw that she was turning her tongue completely SIDEWAYS. Hmm, I thought...I can't do that. I tried it and sure enough, I can roll my tongue, but I can't turn it sideways. Since I've heard that these things are entirely hereditary (or genetic, I never know which word is the correct one to use)...I decided to ask David if he could do this. To my surprise, he didn't verbally answer my question, but he proceeded to stick out his tongue and not only turn it sideways, but flip it completely UPSIDE DOWN. Wow. I had no idea he could do that. I guess Morgan really takes after her Daddy with this trait. Let's add this to the list of the things she takes after him, her hair color, skin tone, lips, fingers, toes...I'm still waiting for a definite feature that she takes after me. Possibly something around the shape of her eyes? It remains to be seen, but for now, she is definitely Daddy's little mini-me. I wonder what else I'll learn?

P.S. I have to state for the record that I just look HIDEOUS in that photo of the "Attack Baby". Not that she looks great either. David insisted on using it since Morgan looks so "ferocious." Ugh.

No comments: