Thursday, May 8, 2008

Red Paint?

When I walked into the daycare center to pick up Morgan yesterday one of her teachers was on her way out. She warned me that Morgan had some red paint on her hands, but "she wasn't allowed to tell me why"..."she" is Morgan, not the teacher. Of course I laughed, but I wondered hmmm, what are they up to? When I saw her, sure enough, traces of red paint on her hands and fingernails. Then I looked closer and saw paint on her ear and the back of her head. Even funnier, when I went to give Morgan her bath I took off her outfit and she had red paint on her shoulders and arms too! AND they had made an effort to wash it off, so there must have been much more! They also must have stripped the babies down to their diapers so they didn't get paint all over their clothes. I'm trying to picture the scene...I would have liked to be there! I can't wait to see Morgan's first art project!

I also chatted briefly with Center Director. She was so cute. She said that Morgan had a good day and she (the Director) had "gotten" to feed her twice. We get a lot of comments from the teachers about how content and happy Morgan has been and how she's fun to be around. David said the other day "I think they all like her a lot." As we both work, it's good to know that your child is being well cared for and "loved" in a place that she spends a large portion of her day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I bet she's got a special Mother's Day surprise for you!! :) Can't wait to find out what it is!

D