Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tummy Troubles

Morgan woke up this morning not quite herself. I noticed as I was changing her diaper that she'd "urped" a bit on herself in her crib that morning. Just a little spit up, not too concerning.

Then, I figured something was off when I made her a bottle and she really had little interest. Usually she gets all excited, dumps whatever she is playing with and hurries over to me. She took her own sweet time this morning, and once she finally cruised her way over to me she drank about 4 ounces and wouldn't eat any more. I let her go off and play. About twenty minutes later she was playing in the corner beyond the couch where I can't see her. She seemed content enough, making a little fish toy play music. Then I heard an unmistakable hiccup sound followed by a "splash" of sorts. I peeked over the edge of the couch and sure enough, she was tossing her cookies. Poor baby.

Morgan is napping now, I decided to wait on any further feeding for a bit to let her tummy rest. We are lucky enough to have a neighbor (and friend) who is a pediatric nurse practitioner. I gave her a call and she gave me some great advice.

When she gets up, we're off to the store for a few supplies. Let's hope this is a one-time episode and she'll be on the mend.

No comments: