Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Good Girl

Morgan is imitating our words more and more. Recently I realized she was making a hard "G" sound, this is a brand new consonant for her. Now, she doesn't say "goo goo" like it is thought that many babies say, it is more like "guh".

While listening for a while I figured out that it was a two "syllable" sound like guh guh...guh guh...guh guh. She'll be crawling around the floor or climbing the stairs and I'll hear her cute little voice saying guh guh...guh guh...guh guh.

Suddenly it dawned on me that she was imitating me saying "Good Girl." I do say it a lot. I say it when she's drinking from her sippy cup, eating really well or to encourage her along as she's climbing the stairs. I say it when she masters new skills or when she gets up from a particularly nice (restful) nap. She's really a good girl in general, so I probably say it even more than I think I do. David says it some too, but most often I think it is from me. I'm not sure if she knows what it really means yet, but I think she's getting close!

1 comment:

Sharlene Enloe said...

Morgan is so cute! you guys seem to be such great parents. It is amazing to see how their little minds are going and how fast they are learning. It was fun to see you yesterday.