Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rough Day (and Night)

Morgan woke up yesterday with a runny nose. At the time it was a clear runny, not an infected runny, so I chalked it up to teething. She also woke up really I cheated and took her in bed with me so she'd sleep a few more hours.

Well...that backfired. She proceeded to refuse to take a nap in the morning and had a measly 30 minute one in the afternoon. She was SUPER cranky all day (so tired) and I knew I was in for it last night as well. If Morgan doesn't get at least one good nap during the day she sleeps terribly at night. By the end of the day I was also questioning the teething "diagnosis." She did a lot of sneezing all day and from time to time the runny nose would become an icky yellow color instead of clear. Yuck.

I was right about the night too. She protested greatly, but finally fell asleep at 8:30 pm. She woke up crying at both 9:00 and 11:00 (where I gave her a dose of Tylenol). She fell asleep for a few more hours, but woke up screaming at 2:00 am. Morgan randomly cries at night. It is usually brief and she goes back to sleep. Odd? I don't know if other kids do this, but its normal for her. This level of crying went on for a bit. I was concerned and went in her room to find her standing in her crib, banging on the front rail, her face red and wet from a combo of tears, snot and drool...just yelling at the top of her lungs. Wow. I decided to take her to bed with me. I figured if she settled down she was really OK, but if she still was crying after a while I'd contemplate calling the night nurse. She was so worked up it took her a bit to settle, but she did. At about 3:15 am I was able to take her back to her bed and she slept until 6:45 am.

So, as you can imagine, I'm dragging today. I think...indeed, she does have a cold because I'm not feeling so hot right now myself. I'm kind of bummed...I've been getting into a groove with a new spin class at the gym, but now I can't go because Morgan would sure to be rejected from the childcare for her icky runny nose. That's probably where she picked up up in the first place though. I'll have to make due with a long walk around the neighborhood.

I haven't ruled out the teething as well, so this is making for a rough combination right now. We'll see how the night goes tonight as David will be home from his road trip. As I write this Morgan has been sleeping for almost an hour. Wish me luck that this makes for a better day today!

No comments: