Monday, September 8, 2008

Acknowledgement


As a person who has experienced the loss of a child through miscarriage, I have since learned of many families who have had the same experience, as well as those who have endured far worse with the loss of a child later in a pregnancy or soon after birth. Tears stream down my face as I read these stories because I cannot imagine the grief. Many of these families are ones who are held up by their faith. Really, I cannot imagine surviving such an experience without having some kind of faith.


This also makes me feel so grateful for the gift of our little Morgan. She is such a blessing that we cannot imagine living without. There are so many terrible things that can happen in this world...so, all we can do is pray that she will be protected. We are given the gift of this child for a short time, but she really belongs to God. I remember this as I sing "Jesus loves me" to her as she is ready for a nap or bedtime. I want her to understand from a young age that she is God's child and created in such a special way. I can't wait for her to discover the love He has for her. I watch her discover new things everyday. Someday she will sing "Jesus loves me" along with me and will say her prayers along with us, instead of just us praying over her.


I was looking for some scripture with "gift" today and I kept coming back to a very simple one:


"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift."
2 Cor 9:15


Indescribable...that is what our Morgan is. So precious, so loved and such a gift to us.

No comments: