Monday, September 22, 2008

Blowing Bubbles



You may have to click on this picture to get closer look. I can't believe I was able to get such a good shot of this. Here's how I discovered what is going on in this picture:

Morgan has been making a new sound lately. It is sort of like a drawn-out "mwah." It is also a very monotone sound. She will do this when quietly playing with her toys or in her jumperoo (and not jumping). It is sort of a rhythmic sound she'll make over and over. The more she did it, the more curious I thought it was. I got closer to take a look and realized she was blowing bubbles! Yes, she is making bubbles with her drool/spit, whatever you want to call it. She will let extra moisture collect on her lips...then she'll seal them together and open them slowly and deliberately to make a bubble (see proof above). The bubble will get about as big as in the picture, then it will pop and she'll start all over again. Isn't that odd? Not that I've been around a lot of babies, but I've never seen this before. I just had to share...

And for an update on the "ducky situation"...we have now moved the duck into her play area. Here she is checking it out right after I moved it into the room. She was not sure what to make of it. Now it has her stuffed animals in it in hopes of creating a "friendly" vibe.



This last picture shows how thrilled she was when I put her in it again. She actually whimpered for a while, then finally humored me a played a little. Maybe we'll try another bath sometime this week? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Ali Rae said...

I hope Morgan is still blowing bubbles when I visit in October! So cute.

Love,
Ali