Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sweet Potatoes!

We decided to give some sweet potatoes a try this evening. Get this, I'm actually making an effort to make her food myself! She only eats a new food every three or four days, how hard can it be? I cooked up a potato last night and used my new "Magic Bullet" to puree it to a smooth consistency. One potato made enough to freeze a full ice cube tray worth! Today I thawed a few cubes for "dinnertime". She'd been less than excited about the cereal the last few days, so we wondered how the sweet potatoes would go over. I also used the lighter skinned, white/yellow fleshed sweet potatoes instead of the orangy colored yams. I figure I can try those later.

She seemed to be interested and actually opened her mouth as the spoon came towards her. She did seem to eat a few bites, but she's really still getting the hang of what to do with the food once its on her tongue. It must have been tough work, because she all of a sudden let out a sigh and put her head on her left shoulder. She did this a day or two ago too...we haven't quite figured out why she is doing this, but it's pretty cute.

We'll try the sweet potatoes for a few more days, then we'll be on to some squash next!



No comments: