Friday, December 19, 2008

Let it Snow!

We have had quite the snowfall in the past two days! David was out of town in the Tri-Cities, so I tackled the driveway the first night. I think we had about 8-12 inches at that time. It took me about an hour to clear the driveway and sidewalk. Luckily Morgan was napping during this time. I was pretty proud of myself for getting it done! Luckily the snow was pretty dry and fluffy.

The next day I woke up and driveway was covered again and then some. Our nice neighbors/friends offered to use their snow blower on the driveway that day since they knew David was out of town. I was keeping David in the loop on the storm throughout his trip. He'd managed to avoid a lot of it, but he set off for home a little earlier than planned to make sure he could get home yesterday. At about 3:00 pm he walked in the front door (note: he usually comes in the door from the garage)with his suitcase, announcing that he'd made it within 3 blocks, then the car got stuck, even with 4WD. A few hours later another neighbor with a truck/snowplow contraption plowed a lane through the neighborhood so we could get in and out again. Yay! David was then able to dig out the car and get it home. Whew!

These are a few shots of the neighborhood this morning. The sun is out and it's beautiful, but we hear there's another storm coming on Sunday. Here's David snow blowing the driveway:

A view the other direction down the street:

Here are a few shots I tried to get of the back slider door in the kitchen that leads to the backyard. I hope you can make them out. The "shadow" at the bottom of the door is actually how high the snow was blown up the back of the house. If you look further out in the backyard you can see big snowdrifts. The snow is pretty deep throughout the yard. Crazy, huh?


The blob to the left is our Weber grill...oops! It didn't make it into the garage before the storm hit.

I guess we're pretty much guaranteed a white Christmas this year! I heard we set a record for snowfall in the area, about 20 inches within 24 hours. Some areas got up to 37 inches!

No comments: