Friday, July 2, 2010

Pretty in.... Blue?

After talking about it forever, we finally painted Piper's room last weekend. I LOVE the color! It is such a "fresh" hue (also a note to the color's name, "fresh water.") It is a vibrant light blue, with a little green in it, almost aqua. Here are a few pics:

BEFORE

AFTER
Do you see Piper hiding in her crib?
Isn't it pretty?! I think the first "after" photo is closer to the true color, at least on my computer. I haven't put anything on the walls yet. I have a few decorator friends who are going to give me some recommendations on how best to use the accent colors, pink and green. I may add a little brown too, but I'm wondering if that might be too much.
I have Piper's name letters. I think I might paint them with some leftover pink paint from Morgan's room and use the same green ribbon to hang them that I used for Morgan's name letters. I'm so happy with how the color turned out...now it looks like "Piper's Room" instead of used-to-be-guest-room.

No comments: