Friday, July 23, 2010

Portland - Part Two

Though we loved the time we had in Portland with family and friends, this trip had a purpose beyond that. As I have mentioned occasionally in this blog, I had a miscarriage in December 2006 when we first started to try to expand our family. That was a rough time for me. I really needed a place to use as an outlet to talk about my worries, my fears and how to move forward. During that time I was fortunate enough to find an online group for women who had been through the same experience. These women are from all over the country and are some of the most supportive, wonderful people I've "met." This year there were three "conventions" organized, one on Memorial Day weekend in St. Louis, this one in Portland and one to come in Washington D.C. in September.

We had five families attend our convention in Portland. Kelly was so generous to host a BBQ at her home. We had a great time meeting in person. I was nervous, but it really ended up feeling like we'd know each other forever...though it has been three and a half years for me. As you will see, these families have now been blessed with a few kids each now! It was so fun to see these little "sticky babies" play together. We've all seen tons of pictures of these kids and it was almost surreal for me to see them in one place. Here's some photos from the fun:









The fun continued at the Oregon Zoo on Sunday...more to come!

No comments: