Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a VERY nice Mother's Day yesterday. It was a gorgeous day weather-wise, so that was a really nice treat. I got to sleep in...one of my favorite things. Then I was getting ready to leave for brunch and this little pajama'd munchkin walked into the bathroom with a shiny present for me! So sweet! David told me later that he wasn't sure how it was going to go because he had to take Lovey and her blankie out of her clutches to give her the present. Hee hee! She did so great! My present was a mani/pedi at a nice spa that I hope to use once my big belly gets too big to do it myself (the toes that is).

Then we went to brunch at my favorite restaurant, Twigs. The sun was shining so we decided to sit on the patio and we even saw some people we knew there. One couple was from church and they also admitting to sleeping in and skipping church that day. Twigs' food is always so good, Morgan LOVED the creme brulee french toast. Who wouldn't?! We think she really got a sugar high though. Later, when she was supposed to be napping, she was crazily giving her crib mattress "kisses" over and over (ah-wha! ah-wha!). She did sleep eventually...and I got another nice rest myself. The remainder of the day was mellow, but Daddy did all the diaper changes so I could just do what I pleased. We capped the night off with the finale of the Amazing Race which is one of the few shows we watch together.

Now I've got to come up with some good stuff for Father's Day! He deserves it!

No comments: