Monday, April 20, 2009

Bittersweet

My little baby is growing up! We went to the gym today as usual for a Monday. When we got to the childcare area I put her down for a minute to get something out of my bag. To my surprise she walked right over to the door and touched it like she wanted in. One of the "teachers" asked her if she wanted to go in and opened the door for her. She just walked right in and started playing...while I stood there and waved bye-bye. It was so cute and I was so proud of her for being so brave to just go on in by herself. Just think, two months ago she would cry hysterically when I brought her in there. When I went to pick her up she was playing nicely. She did seem happy to see me. I bet pretty soon she'll cry because she doesn't want to leave!

I've also been at a loss for lunch ideas lately. She's become more picky and some of the "usuals", like veggie burgers, are no longer appealing to her. Today, on a whim, I decided to make "pizzas" which were whole wheat English muffins with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. She loved it! I can't believe how much she ate...way more than usual. She had peas and carrots, pizza and peaches for dessert. Then she fell asleep quite contentedly for her nap with no blanket and lovey throwing this time.

I'd say a successful day so far all around! BTW, tomorrow I'll have a few cute pictures from the weekend!

No comments: