Thursday, April 22, 2010

More of life on the Roller Coaster

This week, so far, has been a whirlwind of emotions and stress. We had a FABULOUS weekend to start with. It was the girls' first Shock game of the season. We were lucky enough to be able to sit in the owner's suite again. I know I wouldn't be able to do it without that. Morgan was able to run around and there was lots of space to comfortably feed Piper. Like when Morgan was a baby, I also did my "trick" of strolling her around the concourse during halftime to get her to go to sleep. Success!! We all had a nice time, as much of the game we were able to actually watch.

On Sunday we had lunch and a nice leisurely afternoon with our friends Danell and Tim. They are friends from San Francisco that moved here recently. We've been having a good time getting to know each other again. They have a beautiful home on the South Hill. It was such a pretty day. We hung out in their backyard, took a walk to the park and had a delicious homemade lunch.

Then, on Tuesday morning Morgan woke up throwing up in her bed. Yuck! Poor thing. She threw up one other time that morning and was just not feeling good the rest of the day. Tummy issues have continued (the other end kind), so we are nursing her through it. Piper has not shown signs of it. Our friend who's a pediatric nurse practitioner thinks it might be rotovirus. Piper had her vaccination more recently so she might be safe from it, but Morgan's is a little weaker, so she has gotten it fairly mildly. We hope it stays that way and the rest of us do not get sick.

Finally, my fears and stress about Morgan's development has resurfaced with a vengeance. In the course of two days one friend (who works for the State in social services for kids with mental disabilities) invited me to a seminar on Autism, Asperger Syndrome and Fragile X. I know she meant well, but it threw me for a loop. And today that same friend that is in pediatrics told me that she thinks something is off with Morgan too, that she is not as "engaged" as she should be by now.

I put in another call to the child psychologist (that has yet to call me back after several messages). I'm going to call the pediatrician's office again to see if there is anyone else he can refer me to. It is hard to be patient at this point. I need to know what is going on with my child. Morgan is crying from her nap, so I've got to go...more updates will come as I have them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry things have been rough. My stomach is in knots for you. I sure hope you get some answers soon. Hugs.