Thursday, August 20, 2009

39 Week Dr. Appointment

I feel like I just posted about my last appointment. Last week went fast!

All is still looking good. Possibly a bit more "progress," 1-2 cm dilated, 60% effaced. I met with the other OB in the practice today. He's a good guy, I wouldn't mind if he is on-call when I go into labor. He also said my uterus was somewhat "irritable." I've heard of this before, but more in the context of earlier in a pregnancy when there's some concern that there might be preterm labor. In my case it is good because it means that the uterus is getting ready to do it's job. Cool. I'm definitely having more "tightening" going on all over, nothing painful though. That must be what he's talking about.

Countdown about 5 more days until my doula is back from vacation. Then I'm good to go. I have two more Dr. appointments set up in advance, my 40 week appointment next Thursday and (ack!) a 41 week appointment for the following Thursday. I don't even want to hear the word "induction," so please say prayers that we don't make it that far. Work with me body, work with me! :-)

1 comment:

Amy Rusalov said...

Meg - I'm wishing you all the best and holding you in prayer :)