Friday, August 14, 2009

38 Week Dr. Appointment

Fairly uneventful. All looks good. "Progress" is about the same as last week, maybe slightly more dilated than 1 cm, but definitely not 2 cm yet. Effacement is the same about 50-60%. I was actually relieved when I heard this. My doula is going on vacation as of today and there are still some other small projects that need to be done. I don't think it's going to happen for a bit. Good thing I'm not miserable or overly uncomfortable. I was at this point with Morgan, so I think somehow I "willed" my body to let her be born early. This time I can wait until I'm due.

Grandma and Grandpa B are arriving this afternoon! They will be here as help and reinforcements with Morgan when we need to go have this baby. In the meantime I get a nice break from cooking, chores, etc. What a luxury! I'm sure going to enjoy it while I can.

No comments: